Monday, May 9, 2016

Airbag Lab

The lab was done by using a plastic bag, with baking soda and vinegar reacting to produce carbon dioxide gas to inflate the bag. In order to calculate the correct grams of baking soda as well as the correct milliliters of vinegar we had to use math (stoich). The first step I used was to fill the container with water and use that amount to figure out the amount of volume available in the plastic bag. After this was done, I used pressure x volume in liters divided by .0812 x 294.15 kelvin = moles of carbon dioxide gas, I then used the mole number of carbon dioxide to work backwards to get the grams of baking soda. I then used the grams of baking soda which is the limiting reagent, and figured out the ml of vinegar that needed to be used. Overall the lab was a success and I passed the lab! lol

Airbag Video
Online lab help

No comments:

Post a Comment